ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Sunday 16 September 2012

A Greek flying horse in France!

The current Pegasus Bridge
click on photos to enlarge
When my people were in Normandy I got taken to the 6th Airbourne Museum and to Pegasus Bridge. I was even allowed in the museum with my people so had a good look around the place.
I hear the Guv's father was in the 6th Airbourne during WWII

The original Pegasus Bridge preserved and moved to the museum

Me and one of the Horsa gliders

The first house in France to be liberated by the 6th Airbourne

My people had coffee and something to eat at the Gondee Cafe on Pegasus Bridge and spoke to the current owner who was a little girl during the liberation of France, her father was the owner of the Gondee. The cafe remains in the same family ownership.......

No comments:

Post a Comment