ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Sunday 10 November 2013

Spare a few seconds for us...



From my previous blogs on Remembrance Day you will know  just how helpful us canines could be to you humans on the battlefields, however did you know that  3/4 million dogs and cats were "put to sleep" because of war breaking out. The government said that animals would not be able to cope with the bombing and the gases and NO house pet was allowed into a shelter. Besides the threat of bombs and gases the public were told there would not be enough food for people, never mind animals.
The Guv had the radio on the other day and I heard some humans talking....
There was one lady who said her parents beloved labrador "Jimmy" was under the same threat but they refused point blank to have him put to sleep. They even sneaked him into the shelter and Jimmy lived through the war right through to this caller's 5th birthday. 
The next caller said she would never forget their dog, they did not have him put to sleep but he was not allowed in the shelter. When the first bombing began they had to leave him in the garden .... they never saw the dog again. 
The final calls I heard were from humans who said their dogs had a 6th sense.  Their dogs would run from the street or garden and take cover under a table or the stairs, these families knew planes were nearing, hence bombs were going to be dropped and that she believed if more dogs were allowed to live less people would have been killed. 
So during your minutes silence this morning, just take one or two seconds to remember my ancestors as well

No comments:

Post a Comment