ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Sunday 11 November 2018

I also give thanks.......


My photo the other day showed a bare and empty field,
I walked that field today and thought of men who did not yield
To tyranny and oppression that in the world existed,
Even though I'm just a dog, I'm glad those men resisted.


Will humans ever learn though to live in peace together
Love, worship and enjoy life, no matter what the weather?
Or will they still fight "cat & dog", a phrase I do not like
Because they differ in race or creed and believe only they are right!


I think about those fields far north of where I live in France
And for those who gave their lives for peace across that great expanse.
Their names humans will recall today, in Britain poppies will adorn
In France the bleuet is worn, throughout this remembrance 'morn.


So at 11am I'll join my folks and give thanks to those so courageous
So we could live a life of peace and hope human love is now contagious .



No comments:

Post a Comment