ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Saturday 20 December 2014

Be prepared...and know how




I thought today I would address my blog to all the people who my canine friends look after in the UK and more northern climes that are likely to suffer bad weather soon......

With the snow and ice expected the roads are likely to be gritted. If the friend who looks after you walks on gritted roads or paths then please make sure... their paws are washed by dipping their feet in fresh warm water once at home.

Every year hundreds of my canine friends become seriously ill and in some cases die because of the rock salt and antifreeze being used during the cold snap. Dogs and cats walk through the substances left by gritters trying to clear roads and human tin box drivers defrosting their windscreens which they then lick off their paws and ingest. Consuming rock salt can cause dehydration, liver failure and pancreatitis while antifreeze contains the chemical ethylene glycol which can cause kidney failure and death when consumed. Please be vigilant and treat your best friend to a foot bath after being outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment