ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Friday 12 October 2018

All for one and one for all....


I could not get to the computer to blog yesterday as the Guv seemed to be about all day!  So I'm a day late in telling you about the famous person who was born there.  Charles de Batz de Castelmore, Captain Lieutenant of the Musketeers of Louis XIV better known as d'Artagnan. 


The real d'Artagnan's life was used as the basis for Gatien de Courtilz de Sandras' novel Les mémoires de M. d'ArtagnanAlexandre Dumas in turn used Sandras' novel as the main source for his d'Artagnan Romances (The Three MusketeersTwenty Years After and The Vicomte de Bragelonne), which cover d'Artagnan's career from his humble beginnings in Gascony to his death at Maastricht. Although Dumas knew that Sandras's version was heavily fictionalised, in the preface to The Three Musketeers he affected to believe that the memoirs were real, in order to make his novel more believable.


Castle of d'Artagnan

No comments:

Post a Comment