ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Spirits in a bottle.......



Yet another place we visited was Larressingle, again a village on the route to St. Jacques de Compostelle (and I'm still not walking there!). The Guv said the village was first mentioned in the time of Alexander III in 1163, so it's quite old.


Far more interesting is the fact from here Maison Papelorey was the first producer to bottle Armagnac prior to shipping, until that Armagnac was shipped in casks. This allowed Armagnac to compete on an even footing with Cognac on the world markets.







No comments:

Post a Comment